NEW - Monthly Bulk Waste Pickup Service
Beginning November 1, 2018, Waste Connections will provide a monthly curbside bulk waste pickup.
There will be an increase to monthly bills, starting in November, of $0.80 on regular accounts, and $0.60 on senior accounts.
If your regular trash service day is:
• Monday = your bulk waste pick-up is the 1st Thursday of the month.
• Tuesday = 2nd Thursday of the month
• Wednesday = 3rd Thursday of the month
• Thursday/Friday = 4th Thursday of the month
Items must be at the curb no later than 6:00 AM the day of pick-up.
As always, items must be within 2 feet of the curb. Items should be set at least 5 feet from poly-carts, mailboxes, gas meters, cars, shrubs, or anything else that could interfere with the mechanical lifting arm. For the same reason, items should be set at least 10 feet away from utility poles, to prevent contact with overhead power lines.
Waste Connections will pick up as much as 3 cubic yards of bulky waste. Residents will no longer be allowed to set 5 extra bags of trash outside the trash polycart on regular trash days. This monthly bulk waste pickup takes the place of the bi-annual pickups as well as the extra bags outside the polycart, so you can plan accordingly.
Observed holidays are New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If an observed holiday falls on a weekday, trash will run one day behind for the remainder of the week.
- Large and small household appliances
- Carpets (4 ft length bundles)
- Large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- Trees and limbs (4 ft length bundles)
- Fencing (4 ft length bundles)
- Non-Contracted remodeling waste (leftovers from do-it-yourself projects), all items must be contained. No loose materials will be picked up.
- Appliances containing Freon
- Hospital/medical waste
- Acids and Caustics
- Bricks, dirt and rocks
- Sewage and liquid waste
- Nuclear materials
- Gasoline, kerosene, and other fuels
- Propane tanks
- Tires and rims
- Brake fluid
- Car batteries
- Automobile frames
- Crankcases or transmissions
- Automobile parts, engine cleaners, fuel injectors, motor oils, etc.
- Rust remover
- Pool chemicals
- Sheetrock or roofing materials
- Contracted tree and grass trimmings
- Contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition, and repair waste