Regular Garage Sale Permits
In order to host a garage sale in the City of Choctaw, you must fill out and pay for a Garage Sale Permit application (PDF) prior to the sale. You may do this at the Permits desk in the City Hall Annex, located at 2500 N Choctaw Road.
- The price of a garage sale permit is $10 and includes three signs.
- If you need additional signs, they can be purchased individually.
- You may not post any garage sale signs other than the signs provided by City Hall.
- If you live outside of City limits, you do not need a permit, however, only City-issued signs are allowed to be posted within City limits. Again, these can be purchased individually by anyone.
- Permits purchased by noon on Thursday will be posted on the website for the upcoming weekend.
City-Wide Garage Sale Saturday
- City-Wide Garage Sale Saturday is held annually on the first Saturday in May in Choctaw.
- Garage sales held on City-Wide Garage Sale Saturday are free, no permit required.
- To register for this event, you will need to submit a City Wide Garage Sale application (PDF) to City Hall by the Wednesday prior to the event.
- Sales registered will be on the map prepared for buyers.
- The map is available online and/or can be picked up at City Hall on the Friday before the event date.
- If participating in the City-wide garage sale, you may place a homemade sign in your yard.
- Any other signs posted must be official City-issued garage sale signs, which can be purchased at City Hall.
If you wish to extend your sale beyond the single day, you must buy a permit and pay $3 for each extra day desired (price includes a sign for each extra day paid for). For the City-Wide Garage Sale Saturday event, the City will prepare a map of all garage sales addresses registered with the City. The map will be available online and at City Hall on the Friday before the event.
Any further questions, please contact our Permits Department at 405-390-2999. Garage Sales are not posted on the website from November through February.