Bulk Waste Pick-up
There will now be a charge of an additional fee for any bulk waste in excess of our current regulations of 3 cubic yards as well as unbundled loose trash. Waste Connections will use GPS and photos to verify charges for waste outside regulations, which will be submitted to the City for inclusion on the next regular utility bill.
The fee is effective Nov. 1, 2019. This was passed by City Council on September 16th by Resolution No. 33-19.
Curbside Bulk Waste Pickup is handled by Waste Connections for Choctaw residents. During Bulk Waste pickup, each resident will receive one curbside bulk waste collection. Questions and issues can be directed to Waste Connections at 405-745-2942.
Bulk waste should be on the curb no later than 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
2019 Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule
The 2019 Curbside Bulk Waste Schedule is based on your regular trash pick-up day.
If your regular trash day is:
- Monday, then your Bulk Trash Day is the 1st Thursday of every month
- Tuesday, then your Bulk Trash Day is the 2nd Thursday of every month
- Wednesday, then your Bulk Trash Day is the 3rd Thursday of every month
- Thursday/Friday, then your Bulk Trash Day is the 4th Thursday of every month
- Items must be within 2 feet of the curb. Waste Connections cannot come onto your property to retrieve the bulky waste items.
- Items should be set at least 5 feet from mailboxes, gas meters, cars, shrubs, or anything else that could interfere with the mechanical lifting arm.
- For the same reason, items should be set at least 10 feet away from utility poles, to prevent contact with overhead power lines.
- Waste Connections will pick up as much as 3 cubic yards of bulky waste only (about the size of two refrigerators).
The following items can be picked up:
- Large and small household appliances that do not contain freon
- Large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- Non-Contracted remodeling waste (leftovers from do it yourself projects)
- Trees and limbs (4-foot length bundles)
All items must be contained - no loose materials will be picked up.
The following items cannot be picked up:
- Acids and Caustics
- Appliances containing Freon, such as old refrigerators and air conditioners, cannot be picked up
- Automobile frames, crankcases, transmissions, automobile parts, engine cleaners, fuel injectors, motor oils, etc.
- Brake fluid
- Bricks, dirt and rocks
- Car batteries
- Contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition, and repair waste
- Contracted tree and grass trimmings
- Gasoline, kerosene and other fuels
- Hospital/medical waste
- Nuclear materials
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Rust remover
- Sewage and liquid waste
- Sheetrock or roofing materials
- Tires and rims
For information on where to dispose of these items, refer to our Hazardous Waste Disposal page.