Choctaw Senior Citizens Center
The Senior Center will be closed effective March 17th until further notice. Those who currently attend should pass this information along and we hope to be open to the public again soon. Thank you for doing your part to stop the spread!
Stay tuned to this page and the City website for updates.
--March 16, 2020
The Choctaw Senior Citizens Center provides a wealth of information and opportunities for members of our community age 60 and older. Here are just a few:
- Knitting & crochet groups and instruction - Mondays, 10:30-11:30 am; yarn is available at no cost or you may bring your own; please bring your own crochet hooks or knitting needles; These groups are open to beginners as well as experts, so if you need help with a project or a stitch, join us and get help from an instructor or other group members.
- Free Panera Bread, Mondays, 11:30am-12:00pm
- Every third Tuesday we will host a support group in conjunction with the Alzheimer's Association & Sunbeam Family Services. Join us here at the Senior Center from 12:00-1:00 pm. You can click the link above or the one to the right for the flyer.
- Bingo - Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 am
- Devotionals - Wednesdays - a short sermon is delivered preceded by song and prayer. Bibles are available.
- Dominoes, Board and Card Games weekly - usually Fridays, 9:15-11:15 am; we have a wide assortment of card and board games or you may bring your own favorite game.
- Birthday Celebrations monthly - we celebrate with cake & ice cream, you are welcome to bring a snack to share with everyone, and we all eat and enjoy the occasion.
- Blood Pressure Clinics monthly - 10:30-11:30 am, Home Health staff will check your blood pressure and answer any medically-related questions you may have.
- S.A.L.T. - Seniors and Law Enforcement Together, 9:30-10:30 am; Law enforcement officers visit to educate seniors on current scams and crimes in the area, as well as other topics designed to keep you informed and safe.
- Quante Metoyer Counseling Services - referrals will be given for whatever need you may have for which you cannot find help.
- Site Council Meeting - for Council members and officers only
- Guest Speakers and Seminars with information specifically for seniors
- Holiday Dinners and Parties
- Referral Information
- Lunch daily at 11:30, reservations required
- Coffee and Tea
- Computer access with internet and Wi-Fi
SPECIAL EVENTS THIS MONTH:
March 27th, 10:00 am, Shriner’s Circus, free performance for Seniors
March 30th, 8:30am - 11:30am, Senior Day at the Capitol; This will give senior citizens the opportunity to speak with their representatives about senior services and the need to keep them available.
View the events calendars for the Senior Citizens Center.
The Senior Citizens Center serves lunch every weekday at 11:30 am. Reservations are required and we request a donation of $2.00. Please call 405-390-8040 to make your reservation no later than noon the day before. View the Senior Center lunch menu.
The Senior Center offers free transportation to and from the Senior Center as well as to and from Walmart and to limited medical appointments (Mondays).