Choctaw Senior Citizens Center
The Choctaw Senior Citizens Center provides a wealth of information and opportunities for members of our community age 60 and older. Here are just a few:
- Knitting & crochet groups and instruction - Mondays, 10:30 to 11:30 am; yarn is available at no cost or you may bring your own; please bring your own crochet hooks or knitting needles; These groups are open to beginners as well as experts, so if you need help with a project or a stitch, join us and get help from an instructor or other group members.
- Free Panera Bread (Mondays, 11:30 to 12:00)
- Every third Tuesday, beginning September 17th, we will host a support group in conjunction with the Alzheimer's Association & Sunbeam Family Services. Join us here at the Senior Center from 12:00-1:00 PM. You can click the link above or the one to the right for the flyer.
- Bingo - Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00 am
- Devotionals weekly - a short sermon is delivered preceded by song and prayer.
Bibles are available.
- Dominoes, Board and Card Games weekly - usually Fridays, 9:15 to 11:15 am; we have a wide assortment of card and board games or you may bring your own favorite game.
- Birthday Celebrations monthly - we celebrate with cake & ice cream, you are welcome to bring a snack to share with everyone, and we all eat and enjoy the occasion.
- Blood Pressure Clinics monthly - 10:30 to 11:30 am, Home Health staff will check your blood pressure and answer any medically-related questions you may have.
- S.A.L.T. - Seniors and Law Enforcement Together, 9:30 to 10:30 am; Law enforcement officers visit to educate seniors on current scams and crimes in the area, as well as other topics designed to keep you informed and safe.
- Quante Metoyer Counseling Services - referrals will be given for whatever need you may have for which you cannot find help.
- Site Council Meeting - for Council members and officers only
- Guest Speakers and Seminars with information specifically for seniors
- Holiday Dinners and Parties
- Referral Information
- Lunch daily at 11:30, reservations required
- Coffee and Tea
- Computer access with internet and Wi-Fi
Coming in November -
Physician's House Calls - Friday, Nov. 8th at 10:45 am - This is a service that brings doctors, nurses, X-ray, blood work, and anything else you go to the clinic to get, right to your home. It is covered by Medicare/Medicaid.
The "Real I.D." Act - Friday, Nov. 15th at 10:30 am - I'm a senior that does not travel, do I need a Real I.D.? I have a state I.D., do I need to be concerned about a Real I.D.? What is Real I.D.? What do I need to obtain a Real I.D.? When do I need to have a Real I.D.? These are many questions on the minds of seniors, and we will have a representative from the Department of Public Safety come and answer all your questions.
View the events calendars for the Senior Citizens Center.
The Senior Citizens Center serves lunch every weekday at 11:30 am. Reservations are required and we request a donation of $2.00. Please call 405-390-8040 to make your reservation no later than noon the day before. View the Senior Center lunch menu.
The Senior Center offers free transportation to and from the Senior Center as well as to and from Walmart and to limited medical appointments (Mondays).