Monthly Bulk Waste Pickup Service
Curbside Bulk Waste Pick-up is handled by Waste Connections for Choctaw residents. During Bulk Waste pick-up, each resident will receive one curbside bulk waste collection. Questions and issues can be directed to Waste Connections at 405-745-2942.
Beginning November 1, 2018, Waste Connections will provide a monthly curbside bulk waste pickup.
Bulk Waste should be at the curb no later than 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of pick-up.
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE SCHEDULE
If your regular trash service day is:
• Monday = your bulk waste pick-up is the 1st Thursday of the month.
• Tuesday = 2nd Thursday of the month
• Wednesday = 3rd Thursday of the month
• Thursday/Friday = 4th Thursday of the month
Items must be at the curb no later than 6:00 AM the day of pick-up.
As always, items must be within 2 feet of the curb. Items should be set at least 5 feet from poly-carts, mailboxes, gas meters, cars, shrubs, or anything else that could interfere with the mechanical lifting arm. For the same reason, items should be set at least 10 feet away from utility poles, to prevent contact with overhead power lines.
Waste Connections will pick up as much as 3 cubic yards of bulky waste. Residents will no longer be allowed to set 5 extra bags of trash outside the trash polycart on regular trash days. This monthly bulk waste pickup takes the place of the bi-annual pickups as well as the extra bags outside the polycart, so you can plan accordingly.
Observed holidays are New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If an observed holiday falls on a weekday, all trash collections will run one day behind for the remainder of that week, to include recycling and bulk waste.
Bulk waste should not exceed 3 cubic yards and yard debris should be bagged and bundled as usual.
If you’ve got storm debris, you can:
- obtain a burn permit from the Fire Department, 405-390-8300
- cut to 4 feet and bundle for curbside pick-up, or
- take it to the Northeast Landfill, located at 2601 N Midwest Blvd, Spencer, OK 73084. Call them at 405-424-8000 for more information.
There is a charge of an additional fee for any bulk waste in excess of our current regulations of 3 cubic yards, as well as unbundled, loose trash. Waste Connections will use GPS and photos to verify charges for waste outside regulations, which will be submitted to the City for inclusion on the next regular utility bill.
This fee is effective Nov. 1, 2019, passed by City Council on September 16, 2019, by Resolution No. 33-19.
- Large and small household appliances
- Carpets (4 ft length bundles)
- Large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- Trees and limbs (4 ft length bundles)
- Fencing (4 ft length bundles)
- Non-Contracted remodeling waste (leftovers from do-it-yourself projects), all items must be contained. No loose materials will be picked up.
The following items CANNOT be picked up.
- Acids and caustics
- Appliances containing Freon, such as refrigerators and air conditioners
- Automobile frames
- Automobile parts, engine cleaners, fuel injectors, motor oils, etc.
- Brake fluid
- Bricks, dirt and rocks
- Car batteries
- Crankcases or transmissions
- Gasoline, kerosene, and other fuels
- Hospital/medical waste
- Nuclear materials
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Rust remover
- Sewage and liquid waste
- Sheetrock or roofing materials
- Tires and rims
- Contracted tree and grass trimmings
- Contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition, and repair waste
For information on where to dispose of these items, refer to our Hazardous Waste Disposal page.