Can I operate a business from my home?

If you are considering operating a home based business, please contact our Planning and Development Department at 405-390-2999 to ensure that your area is properly zoned for the type of business you plan to operate. In order to operate a business from your home, you will need to obtain a Home Occupancy Permit (PDF) from City Hall, and if you plan to post a sign outside your home, you will need a Sign Permit (PDF) as well. Home Occupancy permits must be renewed annually.  

More Information

Please contact the Planning and Development department at 405-390-2999 with any further questions.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a Burn Permit?
2. My trash wasn't picked up today. When will my trash be picked up if there was a holiday?
3. Do I have to get a permit?
4. Can I operate a business from my home?
5. How do I obtain an inspection?
6. When do City issued licenses expire (Contractor, Home Occupancy, Beverage)?
7. How do I file an animal or code enforcement complaint?
8. What is the ordinance for high weeds and grass?
9. How do I register my storm shelter?
10. Who do I contact with a customer service issue with Cox Cable?
11. What are the restrictions on the discharge of fireworks?